The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Do new mustang brakes fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse420ags

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 20, 2010
Martinez, Georgia
Did some research and couldnt find anything. There is a 05-09 mustang sitting in a local junkyard with nice aluminum 2 piston calipers. I was wondering if these could some how bolt up to our cars. I always here about the "cobra" calipers but didnt know if there was a differnce with these. Thanks guys any help would be appreciated.

I put this in the noob section bc I'm a noob when it comes to brakes.LOL

Did some research and couldnt find anything. There is a 05-09 mustang sitting in a local junkyard with nice aluminum 2 piston calipers. I was wondering if these could some how bolt up to our cars. I always here about the "cobra" calipers but didnt know if there was a differnce with these. Thanks guys any help would be appreciated.

I put this in the noob section bc I'm a noob when it comes to brakes.LOL
You would need special brackets to make them work. They are same brakes that the Baer brake company sells. Thats what I have on my car. Same goes for! the mustang cobra,svx and C5 and C6 corvette I believe.

The factory "big brake upgrade" for Mustangs will require 18" wheels. I tried to lend my 17" RPF1s to a '08 Mustang with the big brakes and we tried to get them on but the caliper bracket was in the way. He mentioned that the 'upgrade' that he had from the factory was identical to the same big brakes on the cobra and maybe the 5.0 for this generation mustang.

Find the measurements of all dimensions somewhere on this site for all of our upgrade options that are known and go to the junkyard with your notes and a caliper (measuring tool). If the measurements match then grab them!

Where could I find these brackets? Or would I have to make them myself?
You will have to have at least 17" rims on your car. I would call baer and ask them if they could sell you the brackets. You will perhaps need to change the rotors too and hub rings are needed for a 2g. I would call baer.

I have Mustang calipers on my Talon. I made my own brackets. You can go to
FHSWedge to get all brackets and ass for the install
Rick
Where would he find the brackets on this website?WTF

Last edited:
You will have to have at least 17" rims on your car. I would call baer and ask them if they could sell you the brackets. You will perhaps need to change the rotors too and hub rings are needed for a 2g. I would call baer.

Where would he find the brackets on this website?WTF

I used 3000gt rims with 12" crown vic rotors. It was a tight fit, I had to grind the fins off of the calipers.

Check out FHSWedge
check out Mitsubishi to 1st gen to brake upgrades
Rick

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back