The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Do I set timing with logger cable pluged in??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIfreek

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2003
cary, Illinois
I have been fighting a knock situation and need advice on if I leave my loggger cable pluged into to ECU port and then gound the conector at the firewall then set timing it or disconect it :confused:
I have a 5* diffrence when I disconect/reconect the plug. Thanks guys

Never mind I need to discontct the logger cable and ground the pin at the firewall only.

Yes, If you leave the datalogger plugged in (pin 10 grounded) and try grounding the timing adjust connector your actually putting the ECU into setting the Basic Idle Speed mode rather than Timing Adjust mode. Not that this applies to you but, you also have to keep the RPMs below 1200 or the ECU drops out of the timing mode.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back