The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

DIY Fuel Pressure Tester

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When troubleshooting a part-throttle knock, I needed to find out how my fuel presure looked under real-world conditions (not just at idle). So I built my own fuel pressure tester that allowed me to drive the car while watching my fuel pressure.
You'll need:

16"-20" of 5/16" fuel pressure hose
2 - 1/8" pipe nipples
1 - 1/8" pipe coupler
1/8" female to 1/16" male pipe reducer
2 hose clamps (not shown)
a fuel filter banjo bolt from a junkyard (free)
Summit 0-60psi liquid filled fuel pressure guage ($20)

JB Weld
Teflon tape
Drill
Tap (optional)

All you need to do is drill out the top of the banjo bolt and either thread in the reducer or just JB Weld it into place.
Screw the nipples into the adapter bolt (after the epoxy has dried) using Teflon tape.
Screw the nipple & coupler on to the guage using Teflon tape.
Twist the brass fittings into the hose & install a small hose clamp on each end of the hose.
Screw it into the top of the fuel filter, run it under the back of the hood and set the guage under the winshield wiper.
Now go for a drive & see what your fuel pressure is doing.

JB Weld is not fuel-resistant. Tap and thread that adapter, or braze or weld it.

Attachments

• FP adapter bolt.jpg
    FP adapter bolt.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 4,956
  • FP adapter.jpg
    FP adapter.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3,859
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back