The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Datalogger unplug from Obd port??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsuowner1991

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 29, 2009
West Keansburg, New_Jersey
If i unplug this from the OBD1 port to use a scanner since i cant find a old enough computer that runs DOS will the car still run? Im nervous if i unplug this its gonna mess something up.

THANKS FOR ANY & ALL ADVICE! !

Attachments

• 20190611_160419.jpg
    20190611_160419.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 53
I would be VERY CAREFUL when removing it. It is just datalogging, not controlling any functions of the car or ECU. You can take it out if you need the OBD1 port. Looks very "iffy" on the install so just take your time, pull it straight out, then start the car to ease your mind! :thumb:
It shouldn't make one bit of difference but if the car acts funny, plug it back in.
Marty

I would be VERY CAREFUL when removing it. It is just datalogging, not controlling any functions of the car or ECU. You can take it out if you need the OBD1 port. Looks very "iffy" on the install so just take your time, pull it straight out, then start the car to ease your mind! :thumb:
It shouldn't make one bit of difference but if the car acts funny, plug it back in.
Marty

Ive had the car 11 years now.. had the engine out n rebuilt. I just wanna check the car with a code reader.. i have the attachment to connect it to my obd2 reader ..

It sucks i cant find a DOS computer.. i probly sound like a idiot. And i know DSMLINK is where its at.. its just i dont have the money right now and the dataloger is already installed if i could use it.. i have the user pin# to use it and all. No laptop thoo

Dam I understand what you are wanting to do now.
I am an OLD time programmer so DOS is nothing new and the machine I am on right now has it.
Let me show you with a couple screen shots, maybe you can do what you want with a little instruction.
Type "Command Prompt" into the lower left corner Windows "Search Windows" box, like this...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Then you will get this DOS screen, or should.........

See if you can run whatever you need DOS for with that.
Hope that is helpful, let me know if it works out! :thumb:
Marty

Dam I understand what you are wanting to do now.
I am an OLD time programmer so DOS is nothing new and the machine I am on right now has it.
Let me show you with a couple screen shots, maybe you can do what you want with a little instruction.
Type "Command Prompt" into the lower left corner Windows "Search Windows" box, like this...

Then you will get this DOS screen, or should.........

See if you can run whatever you need DOS for with that.
Hope that is helpful, let me know if it works out! :thumb:
Marty

I probly could do that.. except my laptop dosnt have a floppy disk drive and also dosnt have the correct plug... ive seen adapters on amazon to run a floppy disk but i still wouldnt have the plug..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back