The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

custom gauge pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spcloud

Probationary Member
Feb 13, 2007
lafayette, Colorado
I just got a couple new gauges and decided to change the location of my gauges. It's still a work in progress. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

• photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 152
  • photo (11).jpg
    photo (11).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 147
  • photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 131
  • photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 119
So far it looks good, looking forward to seeing the finalized product.

Yeah, looking good. I just got done fabricating my upper dash vent area with my apexi rsm and TT and was planning on doing something down in the center console area too. I'd like to see the finished project on this.

Looks familar ; )
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Keep up the nice work should look good when finished : )

Thanks everyone for the feedback I'm glad you like it. I am going to paint it black or grey not sure which one yet. It would be nice to get it to match the OEM grey but I'm not sure how to match the texture. Yea it is really familiar to your work flowryder, I kinda got the idea from your work. I was going to do the same as you but I wanted a steeper angle and the radio was in the way. I had a spare center console laying around, so I cut into it :).

Thanks again,
Scott

Im stealing this idea, I was gonna get the gauge pillars but the ones in the car now are wrapped in fabric and it would be a hell of a time wrapping the gauge pillars. With this I get to have the 5 gauges with out having to wrap something in fabric. YAY.

Looks really good. I thought about making something similar but instead of the piece being solid it would lock in like an aftermarket radio, under the radio. Keep posting pics! Also did you use some pvc for the holes?

Gl jim bob. I experimented with that.. there just inst enuf room. Unless u wanna hack the pocket to bits.. then it defeata your pourpose. Thus why i created my style of pod.. that snaps in exacly like oem.. b.c it is an oem part ; )

Imo mine and the op's are really the only way ## getting pods inder the radio. The plug and play pocket would be nice. But its not possibe.. well.. it is but it requires more fab time, when you could either buy on or make it like the op's.

Yeah, I really like it. More sleeper to other cars on the road, and.... custom. Plus if you want to go all Knight Rider, you can put more gauges in all the spare places you left free.

I just don't know about the location visually. I know I see it when I'm at a light or something.

What type of gauges are you going to put in the pods?

I have to agree with nasty dream about visibility. Looks really good and clean. What gauges are you using?

I just don't know about the location visually. I know I see it when I'm at a light or something.

What type of gauges are you going to put in the pods?

I agree, I have my WBo2 in the cig lighter location, and I HATE it there. I will be moveing it as soon as I get new guages on the way. I would put oil pressure and cooland temp there personally, not something that I look at all the time like boost/WB

Looks good though!:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back