The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink Cruise Log before I start WOT tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXSixteenG

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 29, 2007
Buffalo, New_York
Wanted someone to give it a quick look over before I start WOT tuning. I am slowly learning the tuning process on my own from countless hours of reading and looking at threads others have posted. It doesn't seem completely smooth while slowly accelerating. Would adjusting my airflow per rev down help more? It usually floats around .27-.28.

Major notes, stock maf and link V2

Attachments

• log.2013.04.30-01.elg
    170.3 KB · Views: 76
Looks like while cruising the ECU is trying to pull fuel constantly, fuel trims going negative. You should be able to get the MAF COMP sliders a little smoother and adjusted a little better to fix that. Also notice that at low load between the first point and seconds point in your MAF COMP slider there is an area that fuel trims go positive. V2 doesn't give you a lot of resolution so try to play around with it a bit till it smoothens things out. You are along the right lines though, doesn't look bad.

As far as AirFlowPerRev, when I installed my cams I noticed it used to always be best at around 0.28-0.30 gm/rev. Took kinda "drastic" changes to get it to 0.25 gm/rev how it should be. I think it's fine how yours is. If need to richen things out on idle a bit to bring your fuel trims closer to 0, you can use dead time as well to fix that if you don't want to adjust your MAF COMP which will have an impact on your AirFlowPerRev.

It is slightly lean at idle, but the cruise afr is nice and steady around stoich. I think I'm going to try and play around with low hertz sliders and deadtime to get it smoother. The logged wideband is off by about 0.2.

It is slightly lean at idle, but the cruise afr is nice and steady around stoich. I think I'm going to try and play around with low hertz sliders and deadtime to get it smoother. The logged wideband is off by about 0.2.

Well that's the beauty of closed loop, you can have your trims on the rich side but AFR's can still be good around stoich. I would just get the trims cruising closer to ZERO, they are not horribly off IIRC, but could use some adjustment.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back