The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Cruise control

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Hey all. My 91 2.0l n/t auto cruise control is not working. The switch indicator turns orange when turned on and when I push the button the green light on the dash comes on but it doesn't hold any speed. The only vacuum line I see is connected. My throttle cable is loose and I did tighten it but it didn't help. I had to loosen it back up after a couple days of driving because it was sticking and holding the throttle at about 1400. I just got my logger going again and it shows 86% at the floor. Now if I press super hard on the tip top of the pedal I can get it to 91%. Is there a problem with my cable system? Is that affecting my cruise control? Where should I start to fix my cruise? Thanks everyone.

The cruise has a small vacuum pump mounted just below the control valve. You will see a small vacuum line running between them. When I get to work ill see if I can pull up a wiring pin out so you can check if the pump is working.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back