The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

crank sensor wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboAnything

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 6, 2004
Carol Stream, Illinois
Im putting in a megasquirt in a friends car 99 N/T eclipse. I need to hook up the crank sensor trigger wire but i dont know what the three wires are. what are the color/tracer for power,ground,signal. Thank You

By the way how many people on this N/T fourm are around 500-550 Whp cause thats what im going for with his car and if so what are the common problems at that HP range?

TurboAnything said:
Im putting in a megasquirt in a friends car 99 N/T eclipse. I need to hook up the crank sensor trigger wire but i dont know what the three wires are. what are the color/tracer for power,ground,signal. Thank You

The signal wire is blue/white, while the +9V source is yellow. Whatever color the other wire is, is the ground. I don't recommend disconnecting the ground/+9V from the ECU unless you can provide a very solid +9V source (there is some speculation that it can run off of just +5V, but do you really want to be a test subject?).

TurboAnything said:
if so what are the common problems at that HP range?

Things breaking. :thumb:

500whp, do some research if you going to ask that question. you friend will need to do a lot of supporting mods to make the car driveable for more than 15 secs.

You will need ot leave the factory ECU in the car and just tap off the crank signal wire. Also if you havent done so, you will need to cofigure the MS for the 420a code (unless the seller did it for you).

Ok well the car is fully built. everything except the trans

JE pistons 9:1
Crower rods
Forester Racing head fully ported 1mm oversized valves spring&retainers
Custom Big plenum intake manifold with 75mm accufab throttle body
Custom Tubular exhaust manifold with 38mm tail wastegate
Precision turbo SC61 turbo
full 3inch exhaust
Megasquirt With NGK wideband
Racing fuel cell with -6 lines and a inline 275lph pump
880cc precision injectors
Apexi skyline intercooler 3in inlet-outlet
3in aluminum piping with tail bov
and some 6 puck clutch that i didn't put in.

I will post pics soon
I have a feeling im going to need help getting the megasquirt to run good so you will be hearing from me a lot. :D

hmm ...

PICS please

The 3.55:1 is used in a Neon however i would not call it a neon trans. IT is a Nvt-350 3.55:1 final drive trans. Depending on the year Neon you get it from will decide what kind of alterations you will need to do to it before you install it.

Terry

here are some bad pics i will get some better ones when i go over there.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,423
  • dsm2.JPG
    dsm2.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 2,454
  • dsm1.JPG
    dsm1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,596
hmm...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back