The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Crank and cam sensor Circuit voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan1083

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 13, 2004
Yelm, Washington
Car- 95 eclipse GS (non turbo)
i have another Thread devoted to this issue but its so large I get lost in it http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/420a-bolt-tech/337591-no-spark-starting-think-ecu-since-its-95-a.html#post153184091

What I know: both cam and crank position sensors are Hall effect sensors that put out voltage from .03 to 5-8 volts on the sensor output pin.

What I dont know: what is the voltage on the output wire when the ignition system is in run and the engine is NOT running.

Currently getting 5v on both sensor wires Pin 25 and 26. THis power is coming from the ECU. Is this right or is the ECU bad. I want to confirm this before I blow money on ANOTHER ECU.

request- Someone with a running 2g NT eclipse check voltage on Pin 25 and 26 of the ECU with the ignition switch in the run position and engine NOT running then post results.

Thankyou for anyone who takes the time to help me out.

The voltage on those wires depends on where the crankshaft and exhaust camshaft were when the engine was last shut off. It will either be low (~0V) or high (~5-8V). I suppose something in between, like 3V, would indicate a problem.

The voltage you measure when the car is running isn't very useful. Since the signal is a complex square wave, a multimeter will average it, and different multimeters will average the signal differently.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back