The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Cracked Stock Exhaust Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryztriumph

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Hi guys, I will be upgrading turbos this week on my GST. I took off the heat shield on the manifold to find a small crack smack dab in the middle of the thing. Is it anything to worry about. I don't see any smoke or fumes coming from it, although there is a bit of black on the bottom of the heat shield.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370284108667.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370284108667.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 274
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370284132893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370284132893.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 198
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370284230722.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370284230722.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 140
If you don't feel a leak when the car is running I really wouldn't worry about it, but if you're going to remove the turbo I would go ahead and buy a used one from the classifieds. While it's out I would go ahead and port it as well.

Well its going to cause some issues, exhaust leaks are not a good thing. Anyways you can get that welded up of just search out for a used OEM one on here or any other classified site, There is also a product called thermo seal that is supposed to be good ive never used it before so i couldn't tell you anything about it.

My stock manifold also cracked like that - same spot. It never leaked that I knew of but it was removed in lieu of an evoIII unit. I fully intend to get it welded up some time I was gonna trade a guy a copy of autocad for the work, actually.

Save it and put it back into service.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back