The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

cotter pin in shift linkage on the tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoosTNThreshold

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 27, 2011
Richlands, North_Carolina
So the past week I ve been having issues with my tranny not engaging in first gear. Lastnight i decided to pull it from the car but when I tried to remove the shift linkage from the tranny the cotter pin snapped while trying to remove it. Half of it is lodged inside the pin hole that it slides into but i do not have enough room to yank it out with pliers or push it out with anything. The way it broke left the pin damaged and kinda dented to the point that its wider then the hole. Sorry its hard to explain but the thing will not come out. :mad:How should I go about taking this out without damaging anything?

I had similar problem before. But it was the axle cotter pin. I just used a nail (with point shaved off) similar size to the hole. Took my big c clamp+10mm deep sock and clamp the nail until it went through the other side.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back