The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cooling fan setup w/ Holset HX35

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pagosa dsm

15+ Year Contributor
May 7, 2005
pagosa springs, Colorado
I am in the process of installing a Holset hx 35. What are you doing to install a cooling fan with the install? Photos and model# would help.
Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
On the radiator? The stock fan fits on my stock radiator. A thick aluminum after market would require a slim line fan. Flex a lite or whatever brand fans are all very thin. Just pick your size.

To cool a holset?? Well, if you mean by cooling a non water and only oil cooled turbo, the very simple. Afer a hard drive and before arriving to your destination, drive at cruising speeds and out of boost. Before shutting off your car, you can let it Idle for 30 seconds or so. These turbos are very strong and do withstand abuse. However, they are still only oil cooled. So just keep that in mind. I've been daily driving mine for over a year now and I do let it idle for 30 seconds or so depending on how hard I drove it. So far so good.

Oh. I only read the title. Well it depends if you have a front mount intercooler and how its set up. Side to side exit and entrance or entrance and exit on the passenger side. Also if you are going external wastegate or internal.These parts will take alot of space between the fans and radiator. If you have side to side FMIC and are going with an external wastegate off the o2 housing, then you will need to swap your fans for some aftermarket ones. 12inch fans will do the trick on both sides. Just do some research on which ones flow more cfms. It least this is what I had to do on my car.

I just went and bought 2 ebay specials and cut the wiring harness off the old ones and soldierd on the plugs to the new fans.

Somehow i fit a 3.5" fmic with short route piping, my oil cooler, ac condenser, aftermarket thick aluminum radiator, and both stock fans. I only have a 20g on now, but i have had various mitsu, garrett, and holset turbos with that setup.

There has also been a massive amount of "trimming" done to pretty much the whole front of my car.ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back