The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Coolent Sensor Question, fast respond please!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayRolla

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2006
Colorado Spring, Colorado
I was doing some work to my car and now I have a cel for the coolent sensor. Now which one is the coolent sensor for the ecu and which one is for the gauge?? I cant see where I broke a wire or anything. I remember seeing a pic of the housing explaining what is what. Does anyone know where this pic is??

Thanks man, yea I checked the larger sensor thats on the neck and the wiring is ok. Its wierd because before I did some work it was fine, now it wont work. I hope its just coincidence that it went out when I did some work.

There are 2 sensors below the level of the thermostat. The 2 wire sensor on the left is the ECT sensor for the ECU. The single wire sensor to the right of that one is for the guage.

There is also a 2 wire sensor that is located above the T-stat. This is the AC coolant temp switch.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back