The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Considering bigger turbo and going back to 93ct

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I made the manifold for cheap big injectors. Old school delphi/msd/fic/rochester 95lb/hr are rock solid durable, and cheap. Anyway if it doesn't sell, I'll end up putting it on my beater galant.

If it were me, I'd just stick to E85, get the 362 working and start trapping 140+ LOL.

Why not run a GM or aftermarket brand ethanol content sensor and have it adjust the global and timing maps on the fly? Some folks put the GM sensor post fuel pressure regulator due to small pipe diamerer. It has been discussed on forum in the past.

Good luck.

I was able to make right around 500whp with the dsm82 and 93 octane.

Based on that, I'd think close to 600awhp (on a manual) should be easily attainable on a 362sxe with pump.

That being said, I think I may be leaning towards sticking with e85.

The concern I have on the tuning side is that gas gives you more warning before something goes wrong, e85 just goes boom. I'm wondering if it just comes down to 93 is easier to tune on the street and e85 really needs a Dyno. I've "read" on corn you keep turning it up until you don't make any more power then back it down a bit. 93 I think would allow for better utilization of the knock sensor and plug reading, making it more ideal for street tuning.

Obviously I'm just thinking out loud here and could be completely wrong.

The mass flow through the turbine will be down with gas. Energy content actually has nothing to do with anything. For the same timing advance The E85 will make more power due to its lower energy content, it takes less air to burn it.

Personally I would never give up E85 unless it became way higher than gas price.

Pick up my modded evo3 intake and run a dual fuel setup, put a small 2gal cell in the trunk with E98, then 87 in the tank, when it's in boost the Ecu switches over to it.

This is what I'm running, dual setup. 5 gallon 100% methanol, 93 oct. in stock tank. Meth kick in via engine load and boost. Full 5 gallon can last a while.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back