The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Compressor Inducer Limits - Various racing events...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bastarddsm

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Mendota, Illinois
Hey guys,

Any of you know what IFO is looking at for the compressor inducer limit. They are going to a 63.5mm limit for FIS next year. Are they wanting the OD of the wheel or the ID of the housing? In the past they never looked at anything at all, but I'm doing some custom work on my VNT turbo and I don't want to make it illegal.

Also any other racing series that has a class that dsm fit in feel free to discuss what they are doing. I suspect WCF is the only other event that there is a strict inducer limit held.

Where did you see 63.5? This is from the IFO FIS forum

"POWER ADDERS
Turbochargers (62.9 mm single turbo limit for 1.8L and above vehicles on slicks, 62.9 mm single turbo limit for ALL auto vehicles, 67.9 mm single turbo limit for 1.6L motors, 64.9mm turbo limit for A/RWD vehicles on DOT tires, 67.9mm turbo limit for FWD vehicles on DOT tires, 47.9mm limit for twin turbo setups except 3.8L 6 cyl motors limited to stock twins (May be modified), superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems allowed. Vehicles limited to one out of manufacturer power adder type. Air to water intercoolers prohibited. Turbo measured at inducer. (*updated 12/18/15)"

If I am interpreting correctly...62.9mm limit for an auto dsm (fwd or awd) and 64.9mm limit for an awd manual

Where did you see 63.5? This is from the IFO FIS forum

"POWER ADDERS
Turbochargers (62.9 mm single turbo limit for 1.8L and above vehicles on slicks, 62.9 mm single turbo limit for ALL auto vehicles, 67.9 mm single turbo limit for 1.6L motors, 64.9mm turbo limit for A/RWD vehicles on DOT tires, 67.9mm turbo limit for FWD vehicles on DOT tires, 47.9mm limit for twin turbo setups except 3.8L 6 cyl motors limited to stock twins (May be modified), superchargers, and Nitrous Oxide Systems allowed. Vehicles limited to one out of manufacturer power adder type. Air to water intercoolers prohibited. Turbo measured at inducer. (*updated 12/18/15)"

If I am interpreting correctly...62.9mm limit for an auto dsm (fwd or awd) and 64.9mm limit for an awd manual
this is correct. any auto dsm and any dsm on a slick 62.9 limit and a awd manual dsm on a DOT tire is 64.9 limit

http://forums.thefoat.com/ImportFaceOff/sg-forums.thread/th-1352/FORCED INDUCTION SPORT presented by Deatsch Werks/

Last edited:
Last year the fast cars had 67s on them. I qualified #3 with my junkyard 60mm and eBay intercooler.... Not that much advantage to them big huffers
A lot of it depends what part of the country you live in. Some regions have 11's winning fis, and 10's winning pro, while other areas are low-Mid 8's for pro, and low 9's for sport.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back