The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Clutch slipping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Faze

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2010
canton, Ohio
I have an ACT 2900 that i've put about 4k on, stock flywheel...I pulled the motor and trans, and put it in another shell. NOW, it slips. I replaced pedal assembly and i also replaced the ACT with a stock clutch...Nothing has changed. So, i have no idea what to do....Tranny shifts fine, just dont know what to try next.........Any ideas any one?

Did you also swap the clutch slave and master cylinders over to the new car? If it didn't happen before and now it does, its either worn out or you have to look at what has changed. Hope this helps.

I'm originally from Massillon by the way. Noticed you were in Canton.

Got the flywheel resurfaced....I'm still in the same boat....guess ill shoot for a new clutch

When they resurfaced it did they just cut the friction surface or did they do the step also? Did you measure the step when it was done. Just because it was resurfaced doesn't mean that it was done properly.

If just the front tires are spinning than your center diff is probably trashed. Are you sure that you aren't just spinning tires instead of the clutch slipping?

Think so ### 1st gear it just revs after 2k. The higher the gear the better it is. It pulls good in 3rd

If it is happening in 1st gear but not 3rd than it isn't the clutch. You have a tire spinning somewhere. If the clutch is slipping than it will be more likely to slip when in a higher gear than a lower gear.

Broken rear axle? Sometimes it's hard to see because they can break a little inside the housing.

Maybe a junk rear end? If its junk, its not putting a load on....something. and its just free spinning? Stage 2 shep ...is it 70 to the back 30 to front?

IF there was anything that bad in the rear end it would already be locked up. I would be willing to bet that your shep trans still has a 2 spider center diff in it. Jack the car up and check all the axles for damage, if you don't find a bad axle than it is likely a bad center diff.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back