The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Clutch Pedal Click Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clawless

5+ Year Contributor
Jun 20, 2018
Astoria, New_York
Hi, I tried looking up this issue on the forum but couldn't find a solution that would work. My specific case is that the clutch pedal clicks about 1-2 when I fully disengage it. The sound happens if the car is off and on. I'm new to all this, looked at the clutch pedal mechanism and can't really tell what the issue may be. Its such an annoying sound.

okay get under the clutch pedal and there is an adjustment rod grab a wrench I think its a 13mm or something like that. there are two bolts one you hold because that locks your adjustment bolt in place the other can be rotated. Next turn the adjustment bolt to the left so it almost looks like its screwing away from the pedal so towards the car. Rotating this screw towards the car will make the clutch tigher and bringing it towards you will allow play. Don't have it super loose or super tight have it more towards tight in my opinion. Also after adjusting make sure that you lock the new position with the lock nut. I just fixed this on my dsm now its perfect again. Also while you are inspecting the master cylinder use your hands and feel for any wetness around where the master cylinder goes back in. If you do your master cylinder has failed and it needs to be replaced.

I have this issue. It’s an annoying noise. It is not an adjustment issue. My research on this forum led to the conclusion that it is a bushing on the clutch pedal that wears out. I have the replacement part but I haven’t installed yet because I hate being crammed upside down in the driver footwell.

okay get under the clutch pedal and there is an adjustment rod grab a wrench I think its a 13mm or something like that. there are two bolts one you hold because that locks your adjustment bolt in place the other can be rotated. Next turn the adjustment bolt to the left so it almost looks like its screwing away from the pedal so towards the car. Rotating this screw towards the car will make the clutch tigher and bringing it towards you will allow play. Don't have it super loose or super tight have it more towards tight in my opinion. Also after adjusting make sure that you lock the new position with the lock nut. I just fixed this on my dsm now its perfect again. Also while you are inspecting the master cylinder use your hands and feel for any wetness around where the master cylinder goes back in. If you do your master cylinder has failed and it needs to be replaced.

There is a proper way to adjust the clutch. This is not it. His issue is not with adjustment. Mine does this and my clutch is properly adjusted. I'm not exactly sure what causes the noise, but it is not clutch pedal adjustment.

It's Actually the spring on the Clutch pedal assembly that makes that annoying clicking sound. Grab and turn the Spring in either direction and test to See which way works in getting rid of the click for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back