The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

clutch or tranny?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoobTSIowner

Probationary Member
Dec 6, 2011
Ozark, Missouri
93 TSi AWD
5spd

over 3000rpm the engine will rev and the car won't get power. It happens in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but not in 4th or 5th. When the car revs the speedometer goes up too. Any idea? Or do I need to be more descripitve?

Well on 2g's you can get under the car, and feel the clutch and tell if its going bad or not..
Also if your clutch is acting up, it should give a smell..

The rpm thing, I HAVE NOOO IDEA.

It does give off a smell. And. Leak fluid but I can't figure out what kind of fluid it is.

For a better description, I can feel my clutch catch then disengage, but it only gets power under around 3k rpms, sucks at going up hills in lower gears, reverse works perfect. 4th and 5th are great. Now when I was driving up my driveway its gravel and my back tires were slipping. Its like I had no power to the front tires.

When it first started happening I was leaving a stoplight to get onto the highway. A big rig wouldn't move over so I accelerated hard and got in front of him. When I let off the accelerator there was a rumble but only when I let off the gas. Eventually it just stopped, but when I got off the highway it wouldn't accelerate.

Time to replace your clutch. While your at it replace all the fluids in your tranny. Check for any metal debri when draining the tranny oil. You might have to replace both :ohdamn:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back