The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Clutch not engaging when pedal is fully out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tragic_dsm

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2021
Tacoma, Washington
So I recently bought a '95 eclipse gst, but after a few days of owning it the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. I got it towed to a shop because I was really far from home and they replaced the master and slave cylinders. Apparently the bolts were stripped and fell out, causing it to fail. However, after the fix the car broke down once again, though this time the clutch pedal is fine, but the clutch doesn't engage despite letting the pedal fully come out.

Another thing I noticed is that the clutch fluid reservoir is over the max; and after I fixed the clutch fluid level and the clutch stopped engaging I noticed the fluid level rise back to its old spot.
The clutch is a 2100 ACT, which the last owner installed last October. The shop said the clutch itself looked fine, so I'm not sure what's going on. Help would be appreciated!

The shop didn't adjust the master correctly. Go push on the slave. Money says you can't push it in by hand. Adjust the master under the dash to correct.

The shop didn't adjust the master correctly. Go push on the slave. Money says you can't push it in by hand. Adjust the master under the dash to correct.

Relief port on master is blocked so line is under pressure and fluid has nowhere to go?

I've seen this and another video several times, and just to make sure, is he referring to the rod by the cruise control switch (if you have one, or bolt/nut if you don't) that the pedal closes when it's not being depressed, or the rod coming out of the master cylinder?

Also, what does "taking it out" and "clockwise" mean in this context, i.e. relative to what, moving the pedal assembly higher, or lower?

Update: adjusted under the dash and car gets into gear fine now. Only took it around the block so far.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back