The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Clutch Fork Snapped?!?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasGSX

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2010
Aromas, California
Hello, I'm new to the forum, I have a 95 Eclipse GSX Primarily stock aside from a few mods and is my daily driver. But I ran into a major problem that has me stumped...

Heres what happened:

I was pulling on to my street and I push the clutch pedal in to shift into 2nd, and it seemed like a really rough engagement, then I realized my clutch pedal is stuck to the floor. I reached down and pulled it back into place, and then tried pressing it in again and it is really soft going down about half way, and then becomes stiff as a boulder, and it would not go in to any gear, it just grinds away. So I had a buddy press on the clutch, while I watch to see if the fluid moves when this happens, thinking that it may be an issue with my hydraulic system, and all of a sudden hear a big snap, and then fluid an medal parts hitting the ground, and realized that my clutch fork had snapped... :banghead:

what could have caused this issue?:confused: I searched on almost EVERY forum site, and still did not come up with anything.

What I am going to do now is replace pretty much every thing in the clutch system, (as well as a little upgrading:sneaky:) so far I ordered:

Fidanza 7.5 pound flywheel
OEM Clutch release fork(and Pivot Fulcrum)
OEM Release Bearing (and clip)
Exedy Master and Slave Cylinders
XTD stage 3 clutch kit (I know that they have a lot of bad reviews, but my car is primarily stock to it should be OK?:confused:)

is there anything else I am forgetting to buy?:hmm:

It looks to also fit the 97-99 Mirage 1.5 and 1.8 also.

yeah, the 97-2003 mirage uses the same release fork

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back