The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Clutch engagement issues.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headrec*

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 9, 2002
Ogden, Utah
Hey

My throw out bearing went bad so I pulled the transmission and replaced it and got it back together again. Now there is still noise coming from the transmission. Basically what is happening is the throw out bearing is not coming away from the pressure plate enough so it is just rubbing against it ever so slightly. Enough to make some noise.

I was wondering what I can do. I'm almost sure I need to back off the cruise cut switch just a little. I won't be able to do that right away because I can't loosen the nut because there is too much stuff in the way. I think I might be able to do it with a line wrench but I will need to go pick one up first.

Basically I am making this post to get other ideas of what could cause this. I'm hoping adjusting the cruise cut switch will fix it but I'm not sure. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Ok well I adjusted it and it makes the noise ALL THE TIME when the clutch pedal is up (engaged) but goes away immediately after I push the clutch down. When before it would go away if I pulled the clutch fork further away from the pressure plate.

This is what it use to do before I pulled it. So I really have no ideas anymore. :thumbdown

when was the last time you had the persure plate off??? cuz when i did my last clutch my buddy didnt tighten it down right and a couple of the forks on the plate rubed on the throw out berring (but the clutch would never fully disengage either so it may not be that)

I replaced my clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing. My car wouldn't go into gear but wouldn't grind. I replaced the slave cylinder and same thing. It ended up I had a bad rebuilt pressure plate and it was torqued down to the specs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back