The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Cluster ownage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravewolf

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2009
Raton, New_Mexico
Decided I wanted to move my manual oil gauge in my cluster since my old gauge is dead (completely removed sender), so I got after it with a dremel. Here you go for your viewing pleasure LOL. And yes, to all that are curious, that is me in the background, six chins nd all LOL

Attachments

• 100902-170445.jpg
    100902-170445.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 100902-170350.jpg
    100902-170350.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 285
that actually looks pretty nice. I've never thought about mounting gauges in the stock cluster, it isn't a bad idea.

Looks nice good job. How much trimming did you have to do?

Looks really nice. If I didn't know better I would have thought it was stock. Great job! :thumb:

Thanks for the kudos, and it wasn't hard to do. I had to trim maybe an 1/8th of an inch on the gauge over lay, and knock out a couple of spots on the back, but it fit perfect after that LOL. I haven't hooked it up yet, but will tomorrow, and get pics with lights on an all. If need be I can snag a digi camera and do a step by step on the next gauge I mount (thinking about putting in a manual temp. gauge instead of the crappy stock).

Nice job. I actually did the same thing awhile ago except I also replaced my water temp gauge as well. I didn't want gauges all over so that is the route I went. Looks good keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Holy crap, what the hell is up Diego LOL. I'll give 3 gold stars if you guess who I am LOL. I was actually gonna post pics of your gauge cluster. OP, great job with the install btw.

I was actually contemplating this same idea and wondered how it would look. Not too shabby AWD-TSI

If only we could replace the fuel gauge to look like the others that would be perrrrrrfect

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I had to make a jumper to have my cluster work. I was also gonna change out the factory fuel gauge but I didn't want to go to the trouble of figuring out the sending unit for it. I got lazy and stuck with what I had.

To the OP, That looks really good, Have any more pictures installed?

are the oil pressure gauges pretty notorious for going out? this would be for a 2g that i am asking.

^They are just considered useless if you have a motor you care about, it's important to know the actual oil pressure vs. " uhh 1/2 way, or about 3/4 "

Looks great man! I love it.. i REALLY want to do this but put a wideband gauge where the stock oil pressure is and a tranny temp where the stock temp gauge is.. but im to big of a chicken to just start hackin up my cluster :D.. If you "or anyone" could post up a step by step of this mod with pictures of the inside of the cluster and the back it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back