The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cleaning rusty, dirty bolts (Cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I read a few articles on cleaning bolts that were rusty and/or dirty. I came across one that used apple cider vinegar to clean the bolts. So, I gave it a try. I put my bolts in an empty plastic bottle, filled it with the vinegar (just covering all of the bolts), and gave it a good shake. I let it sit for 24 hours before I checked them. I took the bolts out of the bottle, and wiped them off with a paper towel. Most of them came out looking amazing, and some I had to put back in the vinegar for another day or too.

I decided to bake the bolts at 250 for 10 minutes to get them nice and dry, especially between the threads. The first batch I did, I dried them off with a paper towel and threw them in a plastic baggie....they rusted buy the next day. So I tried baking them to see if I could dry them completely, and it worked. I threw them in a baggie and they haven't rusted yet

I will try to add before and after pics. This is a cool, cheap way to clean up your bolts (for those who like a clean build)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back