The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G choosing correct BOV pressure spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gEclips3

Proven Member
Aug 14, 2013
Lena, Europe
Im about to get myself a Tial QR BOV on extremepsi, but i dont know wich pressure spring to choose. Im quite uncertain, but i have read somewhere in on the forum, that with the stock T25, it does about 12 psi at idle, but i dont know if that have anything to do with wich pressure i use on the spring.

I have tried to look for answers in the forums here for a couple of days, but i havent found anything similiar or if its because i havent searched enough, so sorry if this is the millionth post on this subject.

atm i run a pretty stock gst.

i have also read that a 7LB spring would suffice to stock, and iv'e tried to find a converter online from LB - PSI, and found nothing. Only that 12psi is the same as 0,8 bar, wich is the same measurement for turbo boost.

wich spring should i use? there are 6 options, all from 2psi (superchargers only) to 12psi.

I personally would look for an adjustable valve, you would be better off ordering both the black and white springs just to be safe. You want to use the lightest spring possible that will hold under vac conditions. Oh and PSI is short for "pounds per square inch", no conversion is needed. Contrary to popular belief bov springs are rated according to the amount of VAC pulled, not boost.

I figuered that much, but then again i cant understand why they list the pressure springs in psi at extremepsi.com

Guess i will order two springs like you said even tough an adjustable spring would be easier, but i got plans for the car wich include a bigger turbo, then i can just buy a stronger spring. And it seems tial is one of the most trusted brands amongst dsm'ers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back