The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

correct fuel pressure

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2288

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2006
Shillington, Pennsylvania
Whats the correct fuel pressure for a 2g turbo ? Mines at 43 psi with the vacuum line attached to the fpr. Is that right ? I was doing some reading and saw that it should be that with the vacuum line off. So what should it be reading with the vacuum line attached ?

Since you have DSMlink, you can set your AFPR 2 different ways.

Without DSMlink - start the car, disconnect the vacuum line, and set it to 43.5psi. Once you reconnect the vacuum line, it'll drop to about 38psi or so.

With DSMlink - you don't need to turn the car on. Just turn the fuel pump on using DSMlink (connect the ECU, go to ECU/Logfile > Miscellaneous and then click the Fuel Pump button. No need to disconnect the vacuum line either. Just set the AFPR to 43.5psi. Then click the button again to turn the fuel pump off.

Without DSMlink - start the car, disconnect the vacuum line, and set it to 43.5psi. Once you reconnect the vacuum line, it'll drop to about 38psi or so.

That would indicate an idle vacuum of only 10 inHg.

FP will drop 1 psi for every 2 inHg. For example, if your idle vacuum is an ideal 20 inHg, your FP will drop 10 psi to 33.5 psi once you re-attach the vacuum line.

With DSMlink - you don't need to turn the car on. Just turn the fuel pump on using DSMlink (connect the ECU, go to ECU/Logfile > Miscellaneous and then click the Fuel Pump button. No need to disconnect the vacuum line either. Just set the AFPR to 43.5psi. Then click the button again to turn the fuel pump off.

Just to clarify you must have the car to the running position (ACC)... not started. But Snowborder is absolutely right and if you have DSMLink, this is the easiest way to do it.

43 psi, is pretty close to 43.5. Check it again a few times. It could be a gauge error or a reading of gauge error aswell.

wow, ok so I had it set to 43 psi with the line attached. That would only make me run rich, right ?

wow, ok so I had it set to 43 psi with the line attached. That would only make me run rich, right ?

Correct. When you remove the line to set the BFP, don't forget to plug the end of it to get an accurate setting. Or use Link as mentioned.

That would indicate an idle vacuum of only 10 inHg.

FP will drop 1 psi for every 2 inHg. For example, if your idle vacuum is an ideal 20 inHg, your FP will drop 10 psi to 33.5 psi once you re-attach the vacuum line.

I just put up 38 as a number. Thanks for clarifying the correlation between the fuel pressure and vacuum. I learned something new today (and it was because I've been studying for finals)!

Just to clarify you must have the car to the running position (ACC)... not started.

And thank you for adding that in. I guess it just comes as second nature so I forget to list the little steps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back