The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Check out the new lightsssss man

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm talking about the projector it's self. I can just look at it and tell its glass.

Anybody have that link to that website where you can make your own headlights? I lost it and forgot the name.

And for the person who asked my bulb size. 1157 for my turn signals. And H1 for for my high and low beams.

Their is only knobs for my high beam. Non on the outside of the housing for my projectors. I was doing some research last night and I think I have to take the projector out of the light to adjust it.

- Nick
Email- [email protected]
Twitter- @FearlessNickCG
Vehicle- 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

I believe that's why most aftermarket projector headlights suck. You can't adjust them and they typically blind oncoming traffic. A true projector would have to be adjusted from inside the headlight housing. It might get pretty messy with those as my guess is they don't have a great way to adjust the projector, if at all. But I'd be interested to learn as I never hear of anyone actually adjusting aftermarket projectors.

True projectors are adjusted before you seal the housing back up. Just look at some of the retrofit threads.

I'm planning on doing mine sometime this winter, gonna get a spare set of housings, as my DSM is my DD.

I believe that's why most aftermarket projector headlights suck. You can't adjust them and they typically blind oncoming traffic. A true projector would have to be adjusted from inside the headlight housing. It might get pretty messy with those as my guess is they don't have a great way to adjust the projector, if at all. But I'd be interested to learn as I never hear of anyone actually adjusting aftermarket projectors.

I found a forum post on it. And its a lot of math and prep for it. I'll grab a link. But yea I can look inside and see adjuster screws. So I would have to take them apart or get a small swivel with a extension.

But I was messing around with it and the bulb is not sitting fully in the socket. So I'm going to bend the clip a little so it will push it in more.

- Nick
Email- [email protected]
Twitter- @FearlessNickCG

So I bent the clip a little. And they are snug in their now. But driver side is lower then the passenger side.

But if you think, you should have it lower for on coming traffic so you aren't blinding them.

- Nick
Email- [email protected]
Twitter- @FearlessNickCG

Well like Brian is saying real ones are adjusted before sealed. But I wish real ones had them. But I could also see why they don't.

- Nick
Email- [email protected]
Twitter- @FearlessNickCG

Yeah that is because most people that retrofit them don't make any way to adjust em, they just put em on a rig and aim before sealing em up because that is easier.

OEM Headlights with projectors have adjustment knobs.

Yeah that is because most people that retrofit them don't make any way to adjust em, they just put em on a rig and aim before sealing em up because that is easier.

OEM Headlights with projectors have adjustment knobs.

Yea, I see why now. But I have made them more snug and the bulbs don't move. But one is still higher then the other. But I'm going to stick with the idea I not blinding on coming traffic. I can't wait to get HID's for them. Its going to be so sick!

- Nick
Email- [email protected]
Twitter- @FearlessNickCG

Yeah the low beams on mine are have a sharper flare up on the right side so you can see more off the edge of the road. Totally helps, I saw a deer in the bushes on a country road once, it didn't run out but if it had I doubt I would have seen it with the oem headlights.

You can get some adjustment from the cheap projectors by using a phillips screw driver on the screws located at the back of the headlight. To increase height screw clockwise at the two upper screws and counter clockwise on the bottem two. It may give you some movement. It may not work for all though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back