1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Carbonetics front bumper

Posted by Sam's GSX, Aug 22, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    I've looked around but could not find anything, has anyone gotten the carbonetics carbon fiber front bumper? (Specifically with the intercooler opening)
    I'm curious about fitment, quality, etc.
    I can see that it doesn't have spots for fog lights, not a huge deal, the fog lights don't really light anything up but they do look cool.
    Whoever had the car before me was drunk and pulled into a parking post and messed up the paint, it also made all the paint on the bumper weak, I figured this would be close to the same price has a professional repaint anyway, any input would help

Street Build 217  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. slowwhite

slowwhite Proven Member

Joined Oct 27, 2013
    camden, South Carolina
    Talk to sergio at carbinetic's. He can custom make it anyway you want.

The only people i know who have it personally are all 1G dsms.

Road Race Build 715  17

awd · manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  25

425 whp · 354 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  3. OH91awd

OH91awd Proven Member

Joined Sep 22, 2011
    chillicothe, Ohio

Drag Race Build 2K  17

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    10.89 @ 125.67 · 1G DSM
    Archer Fabrications likes this.
  4. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    No complaints! However I sold it when I sold the shell. Quick latches on the fenders are a must.
    Carbonetics make some really good quality and fitment products, however.... they do take a long time to recieve, but with the small operation he has can be expected. I waited about 8 months for that bumper and a CSL hatch. Was worth the wait, and will be ordering more for my evo :cool:
    Fog lights deleted but ic opening open, will need minor trimming around the intercooler area if your if is larger then 3”
    DA18F73E-5164-4A73-8036-2C98ECAF314E.jpeg

418  7

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
  5. Sam's GSX

Sam's GSX Proven Member

Joined Jun 10, 2018
    Hohenwald, Tennessee
    Wow that looks great, thanks for the detailed response, probably going to be on my final build, that wait time will hurt, but like you said it will be worth it.

Street Build 217  3

awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Archer Fabrications likes this.
  6. Bizarre

Bizarre Proven Member

Joined Jun 23, 2005
    Milton,
    I have a carbonetics carbon bumper without the opening for sale. if you’re interested pm me I’ll send pics
    I bought it waited 7 months for it but can’t use it on my Front facing turbo set up. I have to buy the talon 2GB instead for to work. I bought my setup around the Talon bumper not knowing the eclipse bumper is not as deep as the talon bumper ‍♂️

You can cut an opening on it if you want to or leave it closed