The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Car won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtreme Legion

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Springfield, Massachusetts
Power and ground wires getting really hot and negative terminal sparked while attached.

Finished dripping engine everything is hooked up. There are alot of deletes done but I don't know why car won't start.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Update.
Car cranking. Not sparking.

When car is on ignition the check engine light flashes repeatedly

No spark, maybe fuel. I'm thinking when I spliced the harness for new style crank sensor the connection messed up or the wires are to the wrong colors since they are two different color schemes. Sensor could be bad to.

ECU getting 12.8 volts. Power out wire to CAS is only getting 9v. Haynes says its supposed to get 12v. New ECU??
Will ECU from 97 with power everything work in 95 with manual windows. Both manual trans and 420a

Last edited:
ECU getting 12.8 volts. Power out wire to CAS is only getting 9v. Haynes says its supposed to get 12v. New ECU??
Will ECU from 97 with power everything work in 95 with manual windows. Both manual trans and 420a

Checked two different hook ups need 95 ECU

The Cam sensor gets a 9v feed from the ECU. Not 12 - your haynes is wrong. Use a Factory Service Manual and not the cheap ass AutoZone one.

Did you swap the VSS and Coil pigtails accidentally? They are the same connector and will cause this situation.

The Cam sensor gets a 9v feed from the ECU. Not 12 - your haynes is wrong. Use a Factory Service Manual and not the cheap ass AutoZone one.

Did you swap the VSS and Coil pigtails accidentally? They are the same connector and will cause this situation.

Don't think so because coil pack one doesnt have the regular conduit, it has that rubber sleeve to prevent melting from the heat.

Last edited:
Don't think so cause coil pack one don't have the regular conduit it has that rubber sleeve to percent melting

This is an advanced technical forum. Don't post from your phone if you can't use proper spelling and grammar. Besides lacking all punctuation, your sentence simply doesn't make sense.

Don't think so because coil pack one doesnt have the regular conduit, it has that rubber sleeve to prevent melting from the heat.

Is that better? Didn't notice it had an issue.thanks for the correction.

It's marginally better. I'd appreciate it if you turned off the annoying "Sent from..." message too.

VelocitàPaola;152704712 said:
It's marginally better. I'd appreciate it if you turned off the annoying "Sent from..." message too.

Ok this is all corrected now. Hope this is better. Now that I have corrected that can we get back to trying to get my car running. Thank you

When installing the crank sensor I had to convert pig tail from 95 style to 97. Can someone tell me what color wires go to what. I think they may be connected incorrectly

I checked the splice on the crank sensor one was loose. re-spliced connections still no spark.

Is it the ECU? Are there any distinct markings, smells, discoloration....

Replaced crank and cam sensors with used ones I picked up from junk yard.

Continuity check on wires going to and from coil pack, they are fine. Wires to the cam sensors tested and fine.

Still no signal to the coil pack. Did light test to see if it pulsed when the ignition turned on. No flashing.

replaced both cam and cas on it. Still no signal or spark.

What should I check next??

VelocitàPaola;152709814 said:
What was the problem?

The connector that connects the intake manifold wire conduit to the block wire conduit was disconnected.

There was no power going to crank sensor as well as no signal going to ECU due to this connector being disconnected. Found it while tracing wires back from crank sensor checking for frey our breakage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back