The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car won't move from still position.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dkbaysinger

Probationary Member
Mar 2, 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
92 laser RS turbo FWD. Car starts fine and idles fine, but when you put it in 1st gear and let out on the clutch the car shakes and stutters and dies. It sounds like something is binding. It will move forward about 1 foot and then it dies and lurches back about 3 feet.

Any help would be appreciated.

obvious question by your story.. is foot on accelerator? LOL

Have to agree with that! Flutter between the clutch and accelerator and feel if there is any clanking or chatter.. had a similar issue before and turned out one of the tension springs broke its clip and was jammed in the clutch.

I will try all of those and get back to you.

Yes I was trying to accelerate while letting out on the clutch Hah!

UPDATE: Had a guy put in a new clutch (didn't have the time due to work) and It will move about 10 feet and still bind up.

I will get back to you tonight.

Also, car was swapped from a/t to m/t before I owned it. Anyone know where to get a used f5m33 tranny in Indiana or Ohio? Or close...?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back