The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Car won't idle. Spits and sputters at low throttle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryJoe

10+ Year Contributor
376
15
Feb 10, 2012
Davisville, West Virginia
So my car was running perfectly fine one night. The next morning I start it and it instantly dies on me. I started it back up and have it some gas. It was kinda hesitant to stay idling. I noticed my wideband had quit working. And now at low throttle it will buck and sputter and spit especially when cold. Under boost though the car pulls perfectly hard like nothing went wrong. Idle vac is at -20, I changed plugs and wires to no effect. Anyone know what could be wrong?
 
I don't know why it would. The car is tuned on speed density btw. Anyone know of any sensors that sounds like it would cause this?
 
You think bad front o2 would not let it idle? The car is tuned on ds-map and its on speed density if I didn't already mention. I'm at a loss.
 
The car is forced in open loop also so I don't think an o2 would cause this.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 91-96 Auto DSM 300M Upgraded T-Case (USED)
    one of spares , brace is not included. Buyer covers shipping / fee.
    • The_Partout_Spot
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted PASSENGER DOOR LOWER MOLDING
    WANTED
    • LA_gst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g 1999 eclipse gs-t spyder
    Very clean 2g spyder, only modifications is 14b turbo with 3inch exhaust. Well maintained and...
    • DSM B
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 1996 Talon TSI AWD
    1996 Talon TSI AWD $10,500*** PENDING PICK UP ***- 90,421 miles ( will go up a little ) -...
    • jersygsx
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g 2g power window motors. OEM
    RH and LH power window motors. OEM $40 each or $70 for the pair. Message 702-741-6987.
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top