The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Car wont go over 3,000rpms

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
I have a 95 gsx automatic and when driving the car will shift through all gears but in any gear the car will not go over 3,000 rpms the car starts to studder and black smoke shoots out of my exhuast. What could this be any help would be nice

Fuel cut at 3000 rpms at 11 pounds. LOL i would hope not.

I am having the exact same problem in my auto 98 gs-t. There's also a loud woosh of air that that comes on when in boost around 10lbs. I am able to get the car over 3000rpms but only on the highway as long as the car is kept out of boost.

most likely a boost leak, check all tubes, and clamps, and even reclamp them if they seem like they are tight, because when i had my boostleak, i had the same exact symptoms and i thought my hoses were tight. I found the loose hose and it looked like it was tight... Problem solved.. hopefully

Im obv. an idiot haha it was just the hose off the compression housing that fell off so it is all set now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back