The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

car took a dump on the highway

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominasian

Proven Member
Jan 30, 2013
Aurora, Colorado
So i was driving down the highway about 80 mph, as i was approaching the exit i sent a strong smell of antifreeze, thought that maybe one of my hoses got disconnected, right away started to see the temperature rise. Kept it at about 60% and drove like that for another 5 miles till i got home, when i got home and was about to park my car, the temperature started rising dramatically and i just turned off my car to let it cool down, when opened hood i still had a smell of antifreeze but now it was along with oil. after about 10 minutes i rolled my car back a little to check the substances it leaked and noticed that there is absolutely nothing wrong with antifreeze, although i had a little puddle of oil on the ground. Next day i jacked the car and noticed that a turbo oil cooling hose got disconnected and right away thought that it was an issue, connected it back and decided to take for quick test drive with 1 quick launch: i noticed that from a cold start the car took for ever to warm and it actually never did after 1 pool (outside temperature was about 60*)
immediately after a quick pull i parked my car in the garage and saw a trail of oil behind it, looked underneath and it was bad, i had oil all over my garage. Night before, car was outside and didn't show any signs of leakage, but only after a ran it, it decided to take a dump. Anyways, me and my step dad decided to lift the entire car on 3 jacks and run it on 1st gear to check where the leak is coming from, believe it or not we couldn't figure out exactly where it was coming from, but if was dripping somewhere from left side of the engine, down after exhaust manifold. The only thing we guessed was a huge bold that goes to the engine ( i don't even know what it is, but like i said it is located right underneath exhaust manifold on the left side ).
What could possible have happened to the car ? what is the bolt that i am talking about ? What are possible ways to fix it ?
The car is ready for the upgrades but is now sick due to this oil leak.
If i wont find the answer, do you think it will be easier to give my car to like a grease monkey and let them do the check ups ? i dont care even if they will charge me, i need the car as soon as possible as it is my daily driver. I can try and take pictures of that bolt and the area around it, and post it if that going to make a life easier for you to answer my question.

All i gotta say is if your gonna spend 3500 on repairing your broken engine, you would be stupid not to buy a Magnus methanol crate motor.

If i understood you correctly, you are saying that its better to get a fully build motor than fixing the old one because of the price ? If yes then i absolutely agree with you on this part. And that's what i told previous mechanics. I think they do that because i am a kid that has no idea what he is doing (true), or just to rip off some money from something that isn't necessary to do.

I flushed my cooling system yesterday and put new 50/50 in it. So far no signs of bubbles in the radiator. When i was flushing the old fluid, i noticed that it definitely did had some oil in it because spills on the ground were ROYGBIV color Lol.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back