The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Car temperature on the highway

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott95GSX

Probationary Member
Jan 7, 2003
San_Jose_CA
Hello,
I've had my 95 GSX for a couple of weeks now. I like it a lot so far but have a question about temperature while cruising on the highway. I commute at 70-80 MPH depending on the traffic, so my car is usually above 3500 RPM's. I've noticed that sometimes the temp gauge gets up to about 2/3 of the way. In town it's usually at about half way. Does this sound normal? I just want to make sure my car isn't gonna start overheating.

thanks, Scott

Thermostat may be sticking, put in a new one. The temp gauge shouldn't fluctuate much more than its width once warmed up other than under "extreme" circumstances (coasting down long hills in the cold, climbing them in the heat).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back