The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Car stalled on the highway...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teknetic

Probationary Member
Jul 19, 2002
great neck, NY
if i press down and hold the clutch a little longer when im driving, the rpm drops all the way to zero and stalls. if i press the clutch down at a slower pace, it would almost stall but hangs on. could it be the vacuum, this happened after i installed my boost gauge. please post your advices/experiences ,thanks.

If it happened after your boost gauge install then I would guess you messed something up. Where did you tap your gauge at? What does the gauge read while idleing, while mashed full gas?

i "T"ed it on the fuel solenoid, car idles fine at 7-800rpm and 14-15 vacuum; when decelerating boost gauge vacuum shows 20,WOT boost was about 12-14 psi. i also installed the bov not long before the gauge. i do vent to atmosphere. i just drove the car today and it was fine( well the rpm did drop a lil lower than normal to about 4-600 rpm) . the only difference today was that the weather was a lil warmer than yesterday(40F vs 50F). i dont wanna stall on the highway again, that was not a good feeling. please help...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back