The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

car needs some help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon91tsiawd1

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2006
ny, New_York
STORY: well someone cut me off going 70 and I slamed on the brakes and I slid on my drivers side for about 20 feet and then came to a stop. Thought I was going into the wall but I didnt. PROBLEM: after that, I was tring to pull away and the car feels like its hopping or wobbling. it feels like the drivers front tire is cought on something but it moves fine. when I go, the car wobbles and it is too intense past 30mph. any ideas what this might be? did i bend the strut or a tierod or cracked the axle?

Story.............you shouldn't be writing about or mentioning street racing (in the rules). Tell us the problem, not necessarily what caused it (especially if it involves street racing).

Problem.........the owner of this site doesn't condone ANY mention about street racing, period.

Solution.........if you didn't hit anything, more than likely you "flat-spotted" a tire. Look over both fronts, but especially the driver side (if you believe it to be the problem) and see if there's any flat spot on the tire(s). If there is, it's trash and you need to get a new one.

Flat spotted tire (post #5):
http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234518
(of course the flat spot can be anywhere on the "tread" portion of the tire)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back