The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

car hiccups after bov

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMTyson

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2010
Lake Charles, Louisiana
When i get in the boost and then let off the gas, thus making the BOV go off, my car hiccups, the rpms drop then go back to where they were, and my afr's go way rich then clear up when the rpms go back to normal. It happens at any boost level, it could be 2 or it could be 22, either way it still does it..

Anyone experience a problem like this before?

it is recirculated

It really sounds like what happens when you don't have a recirculated BoV... Check for boost leaks.

What kind of BOV is it? Do a BLT? adjust your BOV softer, see what happens.

Nice DSM BTW

What kind of BOV is it? Do a BLT? adjust your BOV softer, see what happens.

Nice DSM BTW

Its a Greddy Type s(junk, i know.).

I've done a BLT, i have a leak at the compressor housing where the o-ring for the cover is. I think its dried out and cracking, i just ordered a new one from machv.com. But could that really be causing this?

I have done the single spring mod for my bov(where you take the softer spring out and leave the other in). And adjusted it to be softer, and it helped a little, not a lot).

And thank you very much, the pictures don't do her justice, she looks much better in person.

----------------------------------

so is it safe to say that my boost leak is causing this? or do you guys think it could be something else.

A boost leak could definitely cause it.

Do a BLT, fix the leaks, and see if the issue goes away.

Yea, it "hiccups" because the BOV spring is more than likely too compressed (therefore exerting too much pressure on the piston), and not letting out enough air, resulting in compressor surge.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back