The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

cant get balace shaft bearing out.

Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1sick91tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2004
pipersville, Pennsylvania
ok well heres the problem, trying to put my balance shaft eliminator kit in and i just cant seem to get them pesky bearings out. tried using a flat head tapped all around it slowly and nothing is happening. if i cant these out what should i do, can i just jb weld over the holes or what? thanks got the help guys.

Go out to Autozone, etc. and rent a bearing driver. Its a long rod w/ different size heads you put on to correctly drive out or put in bearings.

Heres a pic of the driver kit.

And you can use revese the balance shaft to pop out the inner bearing.

Attachments

• bearing driver.JPG
project_tsi said:
Go out to Autozone, etc. and rent a bearing driver. Its a long rod w/ different size heads you put on to correctly drive out or put in bearings.

Heres a pic of the driver kit.

And you can use revese the balance shaft to pop out the inner bearing.
How much does one of those kits run?
Mike

right on Bro. I do too many of those to be doing it the hard way. :thumb:
Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back