The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Buschur Big 16g = Evo III?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fox1486

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 10, 2004
Rochester, New_York
By researching this a little I've found there are pretty much three large categories of the 16g. The Small 16g (S16g), the Big 16g (B16g), and the Evo III 16g (which i think is the B16g with the Evo turbine blades and a few other suddle differences).

Okay I'm pretty new to this stuff but bare with me. I visited the Buschur Racing website and looked for their Big 16g turbos. All I saw was a Evo III 16g that they offered. Now maybe I'm mistaken and haven't thoroughly checked, (which may be the case) but am I to assume the the Buschur Big 16g turbo they offer is in fact the same as a Buschur Evo III Big 16g? The reason I ask is that I was talking to a friend who had just purchased his car with what he was told was a Buschur Big 16g.

Any info would be appreciated.

-Fox

Evo3 and the Big16g are NOT the same turbo. The compressor of the E316g is larger than the big, and the turbine housing has a better design. I think the only things they have in common are the turbine wheel, and the bearing and compressor housing.

Oh, okay I had that mixed up then. Thanks for the clarification. But does anyone know if infact the 16g that Buschur sells is a Big 16g or a Evo III 16g?

Fox1486 said:
Oh, okay I had that mixed up then. Thanks for the clarification. But does anyone know if infact the 16g that Buschur sells is a Big 16g or a Evo III 16g?

Pick up the phone and call them.

Phone:
(440) 839-1900
9:00am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday (Eastern time)

ISUJakey said:
Pick up the phone and call them.

Phone:
(440) 839-1900
9:00am - 6:00pm Monday to Friday (Eastern time)

I second that!

Huh, thats funny I just read on the forums from Buschur himself that he was selling the Evo III GT because he liked the fact that he could sell them cheaper and didn't see that much of a difference in quality. Now the wibesite only lists the MHI Evo III 16g.

LilBeanTSI said:
Huh, thats funny I just read on the forums from Buschur himself that he was selling the Evo III GT because he liked the fact that he could sell them cheaper and didn't see that much of a difference in quality. Now the wibesite only lists the MHI Evo III 16g.

Turbochargers.com screwed him over on his Evo VIII 20G project. He no longer deals with them. Since they were the source of GT's, he is no longer selling them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back