The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Building my exhaust next week, need opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race94

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2003
Puerto_Rico
Hey guys,
i am building my exhaust in a local shop, it will be 3" custom downpipe, welded to a 3" high-flow cat and 3" catback with magnaflow wide open muffler. All bend will be mandrel bent. I will be using a 16g set-up in the future, no bigger than that, currently have a 14b on, will this be too much? should i do 2.5"? Also should i port the o2 housing? since i will have back-pressure from the cat and muffler i don't think i need to port.

Also this set-up is not for the best performance, is for best street use perfrormance and legality.

Thanks for any help and suggestions

there is hardly anything that is considered "too much" with a turbo car in regards to exhaust systems. More specifically, no exhaust is the best exhaust. But 3" mandrel will be plenty of exhaust system for that 16g and certainly cant hurt anything. As for the 02 housing, you definitely want to pull that sucker and port it out a ton, especially the wastegate area (get a 34mm flapper door for the turbine housing and port it out while you're at it.) And since you're THAT far, might as well port your manifold too! You will enjoy much better spoolup time and some horsepower too!

No sense on doing the work 2 times, get it all done in one shot.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back