1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build Build it for the street and track.

Year:
Model/Trim:
Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. Lilslmj

Lilslmj Proven Member

Joined Feb 8, 2018
    Berwick, Pennsylvania

Street Build 598  2

1999 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  2. Lilslmj

Lilslmj Proven Member

Joined Feb 8, 2018
    Berwick, Pennsylvania
    Over last winter I tore the motor down because I blew an oil line and developed a knock/loud tick. Only did a stock refresh as money was tight at the time. One thing i was concerned about was the scarring on the oil pump but haven't had any issues with oil pressure so I guess it's good. Did some cheap and free mods like balance shaft delete, got a set of evo beehive springs and aluminum retainers, ported the head, knife edged, polished the combustion chambers, painted the block, got the valve cover powder coated as well. After the whole tear down and refresh I never found any problem inside and I'm thinking it was just air in the lifters. I was so worried I didn't run it after I heard the noise I just shut it off and started pulling the engine but probably didn't have to. At least I know my motor it's healthy now. But here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

Street Build 598  2

1999 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  3. Lilslmj

Lilslmj Proven Member

Joined Feb 8, 2018
    Berwick, Pennsylvania
    Another mod is the 3g tiptronic shifter wired into the forced four shift box. Put it in drive and it runs like normal off the TCU. Push the shift lever over to tiptronic and that is essentially the toggle switch to activate the shift box to use slap shift one of the best mods I think I've done honestly sure beats having buttons to shift gears and having a toggle switch to turn the shift box on and off Now I just need to get a different shift knob for it.

Attached Files:

Street Build 598  2

1999 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  4. Lilslmj

Lilslmj Proven Member

Joined Feb 8, 2018
    Berwick, Pennsylvania
    Hid projector retrofit. Mini h1 projectors, hella gen 3 ballasts, halo rings, painted housings, painted shrouds. Great lighting upgrade

Attached Files:

Street Build 598  2

1999 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
    wasabi37 likes this.