The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

95 eclipse street/track build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cdc1221

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 16, 2012
Jackson, Georgia
About the car: I originally bought the car in February of 2012, after totaling my 98 rs. It had 90k original miles, and a fresh rebuilt engine. I kept it stock for the first few months, then turned up the boost and started a long learning experience starting with a turbo upgrade, and ending with a hole in the block before christmas.
About me: I am a machinist at a local shop. We speciallize in industrial breakdowns and have all manner of equipment from lathes to cnc machining centers. I must say it's a great place to work, especially when you need to fab a part :D.
Build plans:
Power plant: 6 bolt n/t block. I still have a lot of shopping and thinking to do as for internals. I plan on running an 8 blade hx35 in the bolt on housing, for quick spool, and decent streetable power and torque
Transmission: Will be using my stocker for now, or i may possibly build it. Will most definitely be upgrading the clutch. Considering an awd swap, but we will see.
Interior/exterior: Everything will be pulled from the engine bay and cleaned and/or painted. The body will be painted, after replacing the drivers side front fender after a run-in with a deer. Will be finding a set of new wheels.
Suspension: Already has stiff lowering springs, unsure of the brand, but it felt good so those will stay. I will be replacing the bushings with prothane.
Tuning: Ecmlink, of course! Will be using an innovate wideband.

This will be progressing over the next few months. It started today as i pulled a 6 bolt from a 135K mile 91 plymouth laser nonturbo 5 speed. I will be starting a teardown of both the engine and car over the next few days! Cant wait. I will update with pictures once I figure out how to LOL

A little of both. My main goal is for it to run and look good. To be a street car that can be driven to the strip, make a few passes, and go home. And hopefully make 450 whp doing it

This is what im working with guys. Notice the hole in the block

Attachments

• eclipse.jpg
    eclipse.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 7bolt.jpg
    7bolt.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 68
  • securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 65
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back