The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Broke!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aperture2881

Probationary Member
Dec 11, 2011
barnesville, Ohio
Never seen this happen before LOL. Anyone offer any info on stronger parts?

Attachments

• 1452301_10151732023881016_1119996088_n.jpg
    1452301_10151732023881016_1119996088_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 86
Lol I know right? I sat there for 10 mins thinking....How?

A bad weld, too much stress on the joint from heat cycling and weight, poor material quality, etc. More than likely a combination of the aformentioned reasons.

A bad weld, too much stress on the joint from heat cycling and weight, poor material quality, etc. More than likely a combination of the aformentioned reasons.

:thumbup: X2
Agree , why would anyone think too much boost would be the cause of this wouldn't the piping clamps be the first to fail

I know a very good wielder. Should I have him do it or should I buy new stuff? If I buy new what would anyone suggest be the best place and brand type?

Extreme psi is a good place for parts. If it was cheap and failed before I would just buy new and not worry about the old stuff.

Looks like an atmoshphere dump based on how far away from the flange it's sitting now. I doubt stress on the part did this since it's "free-floating".
Bad welding in combo with heat cycling. If you've got a good welder like you said he can weld it back. If he's good like you say he should already know to make sure he is welding mild or stainless, clean up the flange and tube area to get rid of the failed weld, and to clamp down the piece to ensure it doesn't warp while re-welding it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back