The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Brake booster line broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruciatus111

Proven Member
Oct 10, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hey guys, so a while back when I was removing my engine I tore the brake booster line off of where it connects to the nipple on the intake manifold. I haven't been able to find any direct oem replacements for it, so would it be possible to use a piece of power steering line connect to the manifold and have a brass connectir or something with hose clamps onto the end of the old booster line? Or how about evo 8 brake booster line, looked around extreme psi and saw they have evo 8 brake booster lines and they look fairly similar to the oem dsm line, would those work on our cars?

Are you sure it's not long enough to put back on the barb that's in the intake manifold. I ripped mine right in that spot so I cut a little bit off of it and it still reached, no problem.

Hmm. Never thought about that, I will definitely try that once my engine is back in my car

How bad is it broken? Usally you can find rubber line at the parts store it might not be oem or pre formed but it'll do in a pinch. Also I'm parting out a 95gst. That shoup still have the line intact. If your Intrested.

Take your stock line. Keep in mind the direction it flows. IE, blow in one end vs the other. The air will only go one way easily.

Super, now cut the stock check valve out of the stock line. Shove it in a new line of similar diameter from the local autoparts store. Nothing fancy. Hook it back up. Done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back