The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Broke strut bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qking95

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 10, 2010
Boulder, Colorado
I accidently broke one of the 3 strut bar bolts on one side and was curiouse if I could still drive and how bad it could be. Also how much do you think i'm lookin at cost wise to fix it by a mechanic?

It's just a little stud. Tap it out with a punch, and slip a new one in from the bottom. If you were to bring it to my shop I would charge you about $10 for the whole deal including parts. (I have a few laying around.)

Your other option is to replace the entire front upper shock mount. This requires a spring compressor (Autozone loans them out for free) and basic hand tools but isn't hard to do. I've seen the mounts on ebay but you can also find them very cheap in the classifieds.

95 99 Eclipse Talon FRONT Upper Strut Mount Plates | eBay

As far as driving around with the broken stud, I personally wouldn't risk it whatsoever. If the mount fails the results could be a nasty accident.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back