The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Strut Piston Bolt Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ_IS_BATMAN

Proven Member
May 7, 2020
Ontario, California
Hey Everyone!

I was trying to replace my blown out shocks today and had a total fail! I was able to get the drivers side done without a problem but on the passenger side is where i ran into the issue.

The center bolt in the strut the one attached to the strut piston will not loose up at all. It just spins and spins. On the driver side i was able to use a 17mm wrench and an adjustable wrench to hold the piston bolt from free spinning but on the passenger side i can't get it to budge at all.

I was thinking of using a dremel to grind the bolt off?

At this point, since the shock is being replaced, make sure that spring is well secured (like with a ratchet strap) and cut the end of the strut off. New struts typically come with new hardware anyway, so no loss there. Just be extremely careful and make sure that spring is well secured.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back