The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Brand new 14b dealers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwD4g63TsI

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 2, 2009
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Does anyone know of a place that sells real, brand new mhi 14b's? I want to make a compound setup using my 3176 and a 14b. I've searched and can't find any place that sells them. Thanks.

Does anyone know of a place that sells real, brand new mhi 14b's?
The Mitsubishi dealer?
I want to make a compound setup using my 3176 and a 14b. I've searched and can't find any place that sells them. Thanks.
Do you really feel the 3176 is so laggy that it needs help from a 14B to be a torque-monster?

Here's a tip- the 14B, all 16Gs, the 18G, and some 20G's all use a TD05H turbine...the only thing that segregates them in terms of spool and peak airflow is the compressor wheel. That in mind, you should try to find the most efficient compressor that spools the quickest because once your wastegate is open the smaller turbo will almost be bypassed entirely. The quickest-spooling turbo with the most efficient compressor in the TD05H frame would be the Small 16G.

Still, I don't see how this is going to really aid in performance when coupled to a mid-sized turbo like the 3176. Hell the T31 turbine isn't much larger than a TD05H turbine to begin with. The point of compounding is to drastically increase the amount of torque generated by a monster turbo (35R or larger) as well as lag reduction.

I don't recall ever asking for opinions on my setup. I asked a simple question and got a good response from bud92gsx. I am sure your info could be useful to someone looking for it, I am not doing that here. Thanks anyways

Hey man..He knows turbo's better than anyone else on the site..So I would listen to him..Them are a couple people using compound setups here on dsmtuners..99gstracer uses a compound setup..I cant think of any others at the moment..

I don't recall ever asking for opinions on my setup. I asked a simple question and got a good response from bud92gsx.
Well I can see my assistance is no longer needed. :rolleyes:

Good luck tracking down a nice 14B for your build.

hahahahahahaha in 10min hes gonna pm you and be like ohh #### hahahahah

fail from someone looking for help..

honestly i think you just made a $$$$ mistake not listening to jusmx141...... but to each there own.
good luck

Classifieds for $100, done deal.

Besides no one thats posted in this thread yet has ever built a compound set up, probably hasnt even seen one in person. So op just go with your plan, got to start somewhere. Just do your research.

As stated before, I am doing this setup with certain goals in mind-none of which I have revealed to anyone. Research has been done, people who have these builds under their belt have been consulted( people actually not on dsmtuners too). You all have gotten way off topic on a simple source request. I am not too polite in real life,and it comes out when I post. If I hurt feelings, I am sorry- I truly am. I am simply not interested in 'naysayers' input.

Besides no one thats posted in this thread yet has ever built a compound set up, probably hasnt even seen one in person.
This cannot be referencing me as one of my Big 16G's was the small turbo used on Paul's old compound setup:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

...and one of my 20G's is going to be the small turbo on Paul's new compound setup:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

...and I was able to see, touch, smell, and taste the finished product on Paul's car at the Shootout last year.

So while I technically haven't fabricated my own compound setup, I most likely have more first-hand experience on the subject than most DSMers who stroll upon this thread with the exception of Paul himself and Kevin Jewer.

As stated before, I am doing this setup with certain goals in mind-none of which I have revealed to anyone. Research has been done, people who have these builds under their belt have been consulted( people actually not on dsmtuners too). You all have gotten way off topic on a simple source request. I am not too polite in real life,and it comes out when I post. If I hurt feelings, I am sorry- I truly am. I am simply not interested in 'naysayers' input.

Please tell us what your goals are so we font think you're an idiot.

This cannot be referencing me as one of my Big 16G's was the small turbo used on Paul's

Want a cookie? It still wasnt yours...

...and I was able to see, touch, smell, and taste the finished product on Paul's car at the Shootout last year.

Yea i seen it too...so did bob and joe and....

So while I technically haven't fabricated my own compound setup, I most likely have more first-hand experience on the subject than most DSMers who stroll upon this thread with the exception of Paul himself and Kevin Jewer.

How so? Because you sold him a turbo and seen the finished product? LOL ok boss

I wasnt referring you btw. Just thought it was funny he asked a simple question and everyone decides to put their two cents in.

Personally im not impressed with compounds on dsm's. Not yet anyway, maybe paul's new set up will change my mind. But my opinion doesnt matter anyway so yea.

Please tell us what your goals are so we font think you're an idiot.

He stated that in the op. Hes compounding a 3176 and a 14b it would seem.

Well if that is how the OP wants to be...

I am building a compound setup, so am I allowed to comment? If so, then why are you using this turbo combination? Why a 14b over a 16g, do you even have anything fabbed up? Or is this just one of those typical posts of someone who is looking for a 14b and adds in some concoction pipe dream in the hopes that we are all like "cool, awesome, yeah, yeah, yeah."

Oh and here is the part number. MD168040 $1,375.00 plus shipping from Mitsubishi. Enjoy.

I wasnt referring you btw. Just thought it was funny he asked a simple question and everyone decides to put their two cents in.
I'm beginning to understand the reason that Moderators generally post less technical information in the public eye. Seems someone is always out to give them a hard time no matter what the topic.

I'm beginning to understand the reason that Moderators generally post less technical information in the public eye. Seems someone is always out to give them a hard time no matter what the topic.

Thats stupid to say. Don't let those few prevent you from wanting to post tech info on a thread. The OP is the only one that matters in the thread that you help in.

Keep posting pwease LOL:D

wow someone must have shoved something big up your ass for you to jump in and give attitude to a guy who is just trying to be helpful and save some money for people in the future. i may not be that smart when it comes to cars but i do know how to take advice from a person that knows better. learn some respect and maybe you will get some in return

Personally im not impressed with compounds on dsm's. Not yet anyway, maybe paul's new set up will change my mind. But my opinion doesnt matter anyway so yea.

Wow... Another internet tough guy... Idiot.

The OP said numerous times that we don't know what is goals are so we don't understand why he's being an idiot. So logically wouldn't we ask his goals? And how many twin turbo setups have you worked with?

wow someone must have shoved something big up your ass for you to jump in and give attitude to a guy who is just trying to be helpful and save some money for people in the future. i may not be that smart when it comes to cars but i do know how to take advice from a person that knows better. learn some respect and maybe you will get some in return

Man the nut huggin on this site gets old.

The op asked a simple question, not advice on his build. He even goes on to say that he didnt ask for advice THREE times. Thats a little excessive. Thats just people trying to push their egos around. Assuming they automatically know more then the op and that the op is clueless about his own build is just arrogant.

Everyones jumping on the op but his mod list blows away everyone running their mouths. Hes running a 60lb/min snail with supporting mods. Id assume he knows what hes doing. If not his car would be in the part out classifieds.

Or is this just one of those typical posts of someone who is looking for a 14b and adds in some concoction pipe dream in the hopes that we are all like "cool, awesome, yeah, yeah, yeah."

Guess you didnt look at his mod list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back