The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Bought A New Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Car_guy_09

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2007
Wilmington, Ohio
Well i gave in and bought something nicer,

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Its a 2005 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged, 40,000 miles, All stock except for a cold air intake. Rides wonderful and I dont have to worry about it. Still has 12 month/12,000 mile warranty.

haha hopefully GM will be there at the end of the month. the auto bail out fell through and well gm says they have enough money to make through december. should of bought a new one could of got it for cheap....

Nicer ? WTF Well then again your taste.. Did you sell the dsm ?

Um... You said it had a 12,000 mile warranty, but then you say it has 40,000 on the clock. Not only is that a sh*t ton of miles for a 2005, but your warranty is expired.

So, yes, you do have to worry about it.

But I would agree, it's a nice car.

Um... You said it had a 12,000 mile warranty, but then you say it has 40,000 on the clock. Not only is that a sh*t ton of miles for a 2005, but your warranty is expired.

I think he meant he got a 12000 mile warranty with the car meaning at 52000 it'll be expired.

damn I didnt know a cavalier was "nicer"

ROFL Same here...

Nicer ? WTF Well then again your taste.. Did you sell the dsm ?

Nicer?? Line it up with a GSX a then tell me which one you like better LOL...

nicer?
maybe he ment newer...

yeah I'm gonna have to go with newer...dayum typos :notgood:

No typo it is nicer, Not faster, Nicer as in rides better has nicer seats better stereo much newer ect.

And the car is funner "stop light to stop light" because of the instant boost, My brother has a 91 taloning running 11.0's and he even said the supercharger was impressive, And the car was surprisingly fast.

1, Factory warranty is 3years/36,000 miles, But it was GM certified at 40,000 miles, Which means it has a 12,000 mile/12 month warranty beyond the miles already on the car. And thats just bumper to bumper, It has 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty.

2, How do you figure thats a sh*t ton of miles since the average miles put on a car in a year is 15,000? Lets see, Car is 3 years old so, 15,000x3=45,000. So in reality it has low miles for the year :tease:

And for you guys wondering if i sold the dsm, I am going to finish it then sell it this spring.

There's one running around town here that's fast as hell. Keeps up with Whophlungpoo's 400hp 18g'd car. Too bad they sound loud as hell and obnoxious with a full exhaust though. Kind of like a Honda with AIDS errrrr... I mean ROIDS. ROFL

Nice bro.. This is what I've been hearing about for a week now.. Nice find. What did you end up paying?

Thanks, I got it for $10,400 out the door

There's one running around town here that's fast as hell. Keeps up with Whophlungpoo's 400hp 18g'd car. Too bad they sound loud as hell and obnoxious with a full exhaust though. Kind of like a Honda with AIDS errrrr... I mean ROIDS. ROFL

Yea they can be fast LOL Its the instant boost, They are highway monsters but dont do well from a stop, Mine just has a CAI and i blaze 1st, Blaze most of 2nd and it hooks in 3rd ROFL

About the exhaust, Yea it dont have a turbo or anything so they dont sound as good, Im just going to do a header, 3 inch catless downpipe and a cutout and leave stock cat back. Then at some point start spinning the supercharger a little faster ;)

My buddy craig bought one on them. I really was not impressed with the super charger at all. You can hear it whind, when turning some rpm's, but your not going that fast. But the car did beat my buddy's nothing touched but a BOV kinda stock's 97 GST on the Highway...With a full exhaust on the SS. So give or take, but it's still a nice car..

I think it's about time we merge this thread with "members that are soon Ghost to us thread"
I didn't realize you had a NT 420a...I guess a cavi is an upgrade for ya. Next time get something AWD instead of the cavi. That way you wont have that one tire spinning from 1st through 3rd hahahahahahaa ROFL

If you could afford one I would have waited for a turbocharged Cobalt, Hahn racing took a stock turbo Cobalt and added a full exhaust, raised boost pressure, with a tune and broke low 12.'s in the quarter mile.

Jeff99GS the Ecotec Cavaliers can be very fast. My brother owns one that is now turbo, a month after he bought it we took it to a drag strip with absolutely no modifications and no weight removed other than running only five gallons in the fuel tank and he trapped a 15.026 1/4 at 88 MPH. With a long tube header only as an exhaust, a long ram intake, slicks, and with other small modifications he pulled a 13.65.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back