The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Boosting but car doesnt go anywhere!!!! Weird problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enid84

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 14, 2003
cny, New_York
Since i bought my car i get this weird problem sometimes. The turbo spools up but the car feels like it looses half of its power. :cry: However i found two boost leaks, fixed it and i still get the problem. I had my mbc set at 15 psi and now i lowered it to 13 but still i get the same thing. Any input would be appreciated.

Do you have a logger? Try logging a couple WOT runs if you can.

I'm having the same problem, and I'm getting 43 counts of knock at anything over 50% throttle.

Does it get much worse when you try to go uphill?

psychlow said:
Do you have a logger? Try logging a couple WOT runs if you can.

I'm having the same problem, and I'm getting 43 counts of knock at anything over 50% throttle.

Does it get much worse when you try to go uphill?

Yes when i go uphill it will happen more often. If i let it off and go wot again 2-3 times it will go away. But no i dont have the logger and it is the next thing i'm getting though.

EDIT: Also once i ran out off gas and could it be that my fuel filter got clogged???....I dunno just a tought.

well your thought is a possibility. You could have clogged your filter. Make sure your fuel regulator is giving you enough pressure. Check your timing. does the car ever back fire or buck?

scott

I just had this problem and It turned out to be phantom knock caused by a bad knock sensor. The engline load still alows it to boost but when you get knock that high it will pull almost all the timing and the rpm's will not climb very fast if it all. Try unscreing the old knock sensor and taking a look at it. Mine was crusty and cracked.

Well i think i might have bad knock sensor. I have k&n filter and its clean. Tonight I punched it and it pulled really hard. After maybe couple minutes i floored it again in second gear @3k rpms the boost came on but the car wasnt going anywhere like you said galantvr4turbo the rpms were climbing up slow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back