The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

boost leak in TB

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a buddy of mine had the same issue. but after trying to seal it over and over again, he finally took it apart and set it on a work bench. with a good light he noticed a slight crack in the tps sensor instelf and replaced it. put the tb back on with high temo rtv and car ran like brand new.

ill take it back off and look over every square millimeter for some kind of slight crack, ill post back with results.

i looked over my tps didnt really see any cracks and switched it with another one i had and still the same problem. i rtv sealed it back on and there is still a massive leak. it feels like it is coming from the sensor when it goes into the tb, im not sure where to turn next.

do you have another tb or a buddy with one to swap with. i would just make a pressure tester and get a couple for the pipe that comes off the tb. clamp it on, get a bottle of soapy water, put pressure in the system and go to town spraying. you will find exactly where its happening and should be obvious why

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back