The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Boost Controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

More likely that it's your 3" exhaust and lack of tuning capability. That is if your mod list is current.

Why would it be my exhaust? I've had almost ID mods on my old 92 TSI and that thing pulled really hard. I've heard these MBC are junk because they can't hold the pressure like the ball and spring type (Hallman pro)

I too run this exact boost controller. No issues here.

You have to be more specific than " it spikes boost in different gears"

Why would it be my exhaust? I've had almost ID mods on my old 92 TSI and that thing pulled really hard. I've heard these MBC are junk because they can't hold the pressure like the ball and spring type (Hallman pro)

Really think about what you just said.

Boost is spiking - I heard these won't hold boost

:)

Make sure your boost source to the boost controller is from the compressor cover and not the intake manifold. I've seen that to be an issue for boost spikes sometimes. As for no power, if the boost stays steady to red line after the spike I would check to make sure your timing is not to retarded and the air/fuel ratios where they need to be, around 11.5

Basically what happens when I drive it I notice when I floor it it pulls ok then sort of sputters and chugs till second gear then pulls a little repeat then 3rd gear if it's still floored boost levels go from 9- almost 18-20 psi. I have all lines at the manifold nippled and tied.

Yeah I never experienced this issue before. When I hit WOT the boost goes but it's as if the car just falls flat on its ass. I'm going to do a leak down test

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back